Keto nuts to love
Figuring out which foods are suitable for a very-low-carb, high-fat ketogenic diet can be tricky.
Many nuts and seeds are low in net carbs (total carbs minus fiber) and high in healthy fats, making them a perfect fit.
They’re also full of protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Still, some varieties are lower in carbs than others.
Here’s our list of the top 7 low-carb nuts, ranked by the number of carbs.
- Pecan nuts – 100 g contains 4 grams of net carbs.
- Brazil nuts – 100 g contains 4 grams of net carbs.
- Macadamia – 100 g contains 5 grams of net carbs.
- Hazelnuts – 100 g contains 7 grams of net carbs.
- Walnuts – 100 g contains 7 grams of net carbs.
- Peanuts – 100 g contains 8 grams of net carbs.
- Almonds – 100 g contains 9 grams of net carbs.
These should be the first choices for nuts when following a low-carb diet as they are low in carbs, high in fat, and most people find them delicious!
Eat these low-carb nuts as a snack (if you need one) between meals, toast them and toss into salads and other dishes, or grind them into nut butter to spread on celery, other veggies.
Comments are closed