The 5 Best Things About Carob
Carob is caffeine-free and can be a good chocolate alternative for children or adults who are sensitive to caffeine.
2. Low-calories and almost fat-free
Carob contains just 1/3rd of the calories of chocolate so great if you are on a diet. It is a safe dietary choice for diabetic patients. It is a great choice for people who are trying to lose some weight without affecting tooth health.
Because carob is naturally sweet, it can help satisfy your sugar cravings. If you do find that it’s not sweet enough for your taste, try adding stevia.
3. Carob is non-allergenic.
Great if you are allergic to chocolate.
4. Rich in fiber and antioxidants
Carob displays strong free radical scavenging inhibition against discoloration of beta-carotene.
5. Helps lower blood sugar and cholesterol
The regular intake of food products rich in carob fiber has beneficial effects on the human blood lipid profile by lowering bad cholesterol levels and improves the LDL to HDL cholesterol ratio.
How to Eat
- Carob powder and syrup are used for making healthy bars, brittles, halva, soutzoukos and chocolate.
- Carob syrup is used as a natural sweetener.
- Carob syrup is used to cover fruits and ice cream.
- It is used in dairy products and beverages.
- You can eat carob pods when they’re fresh or dried, too. People who add carob to their diet have seen benefits like weight loss and decreased stomach issues.
Comments are closed